Are you living life on purpose or just going through the motions? As Homeschool CEOs, we juggle many roles from boss to homeschool mom to wife, daughter, sister, and friend. How can we be intentional about being in the present moment when we have so much going on in our lives?
In today’s episode, I talk to Rachel Van Kluyve, homeschooling mama to 2 little ones, wife to her teenage heartthrob, and a creative pursuing her purpose, one dream at a time.
We chat about how Rachel manages homeschooling and running multiple business pursuits and how she makes it all work by consciously being present and doing things with intention.
Rachel also shares how knowing your purpose and following your passions can help you discover and create an intentional life for your family, homeschool, and business. If you need inspiration on how to create intention in your own life, you need to listen to this episode.
In This Episode, You’ll discover:
- how losing herself as a new mother led Rachel to do DIY projects as a creative outlet
- how her DIY projects led her to sharing it online, eventually turning it into an actual business
- how Rachel fell into trying homeschooling for a year and realizing it was the right lifestyle for their family
- her biggest struggle in homeschooling while running successful businesses and what she does to make it all work
- the importance of being intentional and how she practices intentionally being present while doing work or being with her kids
- how the idea for her book, She Made Herself a Home, came into fruition and what it’s all about
- the value of creating your space with intention and how she applies it to their homeschool room
- her tips on how and where Homeschool CEOs can start with intentionally planning their homeschool space whether they have a room or not
- her advice for entrepreneurs who are thinking about homeschooling their kids
Rachel is such an inspiration! Not only is she an expert at turning spaces into places that people will love, she also shows us that it’s possible to create a life we love by knowing our purpose and following our passions.
“I went to a homeschool convention just to kinda hear what it was about and I thought ‘Oh, these are normal women. These are actually pretty cool women.’- Rachel
“This is why I needed to be a homeschool mom, to help my kids along with their struggles. It’s become the right lifestyle for us.” – Rachel
“You know what? That’s life. A lot of times we don’t plan everything out. We evolve as we go, for sure.” – Jen
“I think it will always be a balancing act, you know. You can never figure out the perfect schedule ’til your kids are older and independent learning.” – Rachel
“For me the hardest part is when to squeeze in the business, how much of myself to give to the business, and what to make a priority.” – Rachel
“In the last two weeks, I’ve chosen to really be intentional and turning on ‘do not disturb’ on my phone and realizing that I can respond in an hour and it’s okay.” – Jen
“Having a space [to homeschool] is nice for me because it’s cleaner and organized. They know where to go, where to sit, how to keep it clean, and I think that creates discipline as well for the future.” – Rachel
“Get out of the idea that homeschoolers are weird.” – Rachel