Homeschooling 2 kids + running a business + pregnant.
Can any other formula be more challenging than that?
Zara dealt with much insecurity towards her homeschooling approach before discovering the system that she has now. She talks about the value of only focusing on what’s the best use of your time and of not measuring your success based on other people’s standards. Finally, we talked about how you too can apply a minimalist mindset to homeschooling regardless of what method of homeschooling you use.
Caroline shares how she was able to achieve balance and clarity to homeschooling and running a profitable business. We talk about the importance of seeing the ‘bigger picture’ versus controlling every little detail of the day, the value of delegating and using your time in the most impactful way.
There’s so much meat in this episode, let’s dive in!
In This Episode, You’ll discover:
- Caroline’s priority shift that led her to produce podcasts
- Caroline’s type of clients, workflow and team structure
- How one setback can lead to positive developments
- How to prepare for a maternity leave when you’re the CEO
- How to operate from a CEO mindset
- Why you should consider having a business coach
- How to organize your homeschooling like a CEO
- Why it’s OK to be different from a full-time homeschooling mom
- Caroline’s method of homeschooling
- How to deal with mom-guilt of being less involved with co-ops
- Tools that make business and homeschooling easier
Homeschooling while running a profitable business sometimes feels like you’re on a seesaw. When one side is heavy, the other side compensates. But having clarity on what’s important for your family helps you release guilt from not always having Pinterest-worthy moments with your kids.
Find room to simplify your processes and focus on things that give you more value. As Caroline says, there’s more time in a day than you think there is!
“You do have to learn to let go. And trust that the people that you have hired to do things can do them really well and without you.” – Caroline
“I think I’ve kind of just let go of trying to control every moment..” – Caroline
“Think about what you don’t need to be doing in your business that can free up the time that you want to give to your family.” – Caroline